What will you learn?
- 1- An online business can provide you with as little or as much additional income as you want.
- 2- As with any business, an online business requires dedication and commitment to make it work.
- 3- Getting started with an online business is not expensive especially when compared to a conventional brick and mortar type business.
- 4- The best type of goal to set is a financial goal.
- 5- The good thing about running an online business is that it is pretty easy to measure everything.
- 6- When you have decided on your goal(s) for your online business then you need to create a plan for how you are going to achieve it.
- 7- The ultimate aim with your plan is to have a list of tasks that you can work on every day which will move you closer to achieving your goal.
- 8- The most important thing about starting and running a successful online business is visitor traffic.
- 9- Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest online businesses that you can start.
- 10- Physical products are an easier sell than digital products.
- 11- The disadvantage of promoting physical products as an affiliate is that the commissions tend to be very low.
- 12- The biggest drawback with affiliate marketing is that you have to share the revenue generated with each sale with the product owner.
- 13- When you create a product in a specific niche, your audience will perceive you to be an expert in that niche.
- 14- When you can solve people’s problems you will be rewarded.
- 15- The best way to price your product is to look at what others are charging for similar products.
- 16- All website owners have a need for unique and high-quality content.
- 17- Do not just dive straight in with an online business.
- 18- You need to set up the basics of your online business properly as these are the essential foundations.
- 19- You can start a drop shipping online business fast and fairly easily.
- 20- Affiliate marketing is a great place to start for seniors and retirees.
Online Business Ideas For Seniors And Retirees – Cheat Sheet
Turn Your Free Time Into Profits
Step 1: Benefits of an Online Business for Seniors and Retirees
- A new source of income
- It’s not expensive to get started
- Work whenever it suits you
- No set hours or commuting
- You just need a computer and an Internet connection
- You can work from anywhere
- It will keep your mind sharp
Step 2: Be Prepared for your Online Business
- Step #1: Identify the amount of time you are willing to commit
- Step #2: Determine what you want to achieve from your online business
- Step #3: Set goals using the SMART process
- Step #4: Create a plan to achieve your goals
- Step #5: Create daily tasks
- Step #6: Identify the tools that you need
- Step #7: Identify the training that you need
Step 3: Setting Up the Basics for Online Business Success
- Step #1: Choose a great domain name for your online business
- Step #2: Find a dependable and reliable web hosting company
- Step #3: Test the support provided by web hosts
- Step #4: Ensure they have one click WordPress installation
- Step #5: Connect your domain name to your web host
- Step #6: Install the WordPress platform
- Step #7: Choose a good theme for your online business
- Step #8: Install the right plugins
- Step #9: Choose a good autoresponder service
Step 4: The Importance of Traffic Generation
- Step #1: Understand that no traffic means no income
- Step #2: Perform keyword research
- Step #3: Learn the basics of SEO
- Step #4: Optimize your site and content for SEO
- Step #5: Use video marketing
- Step #6: Write articles and publish on Medium.com
- Step #7: Use social media to drive traffic
- Step #8: Create guest posts
- Step #9: Consider PPC traffic
- Step #10: Consider social media ads
- Step #11: Consider native ads
Step 5: Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
- Promote products and services for a commission
- Low cost and low risk
- You do not need your own products
- No customer service issues
- Promote physical or digital products
- Many ways you can promote affiliate offers
Step 6: Creating Your own Product
- Step #1: Brainstorm winning product ideas
- Step #2: Choose the right niche
- Step #3: Solve a problem with your product
- Step #4: Test your product ideas for demand and monetization
- Step #5: Decide on product type and price
- Step #6: Create your product
Step 7: Sell Services as an Online Business
- Choose services that are in demand
- Content writing
- SEO services
- Graphics design
- Website development and troubleshooting
- Social media marketing
- Business plan creation
- Consultancy services
- Consider drop servicing
Step 8: Other Online Business Ideas
- Drop shipping
- Amazon FBA
- Create and sell online courses
Step 9: Seniors and Retirees Online Business Best Practices
- Understand the benefits of an online business
- Be prepared for your online business
- Set up the basics properly
- It’s all about traffic
- Affiliate marketing
- Create your own product
- Sell services
- Consider other online business ideas